To clean Bissell steam mop pads, you can either hand wash them with a cleaning solution of hot water, laundry detergent, and baking soda, or machine wash them on a delicate cycle with mild detergent and cold water if they are machine-washable. Alternatively, soak the pads in warm water, baking soda, and a small amount of laundry detergent for at least 15 minutes before rinsing. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for any specific cleaning recommendations, and remember to clean the pads after each use to prevent dirt and bacteria buildup. Additionally, consider replacing the mop pads periodically for optimal cleaning performance.
The Bissell steam mop is a very convenient and wonderful cleaning tool.
However, making use of it brings a huge difference in revealing the cleaning efficiency.
An innovative floor mop is the steam mops. It saves time but requires you to do some prep work before beginning cleaning of floors.
Steam mops heat water to nearly 250 degrees F temperature using a fitted reservoir inside the mop and send it out as steam down into the mop pad head.
The stem soaks the pad, thus helping in loosening floor grime and dirt.
The mop head absorbs the dirt, and the steam heat kills the dust mites and bacteria on the floor.
Thus, it proves to be a faster way of cleaning and also a sanitary method of cleaning.
The Bissell steam mop is convenient compared to a bucket and mop cleaning system as it cleans the floors quickly.
However, because they are fast and easy to use, the temptation to overlook simple and necessary guidelines such as cleaning steam mop pads is common.
Steps To Clean Bissell Steam Mop Pads
Simple steps to removing stains from steam mop pads that are a must-know:
Disconnect your steam mop from the power outlet
The first step is to unplug the steam mop from the power outlet. It is a must to keep you accident-free.
Bear in mind that the steam water heats up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and any mistake or carelessness may cause skin blisters.
At the same time, if you are using the steam mop for mopping, give it time to cool for 15 minutes. Then start cleaning.
Empty water tank
Emptying the steam mop water tank is a must.
While it is common to leave the water in the tank, you may soon be using the steam mop for mopping.
There is always unused water remaining in the tank.
It is not possible to use all the water in the tank. But, leaving the water in the tank is a wrong idea.
The water that is left inside may damage your machine, resulting in corrosion and shortening of lifespan.
There is a risk of developing mold within the water tank, and it is possible because mold grows well in damp and warm area combinations.
Besides, it will also create spores to spread and, after some time, emit a bad smell.
Thus, the best is to empty the steam mop water tank after use each time, even if you notice very little water is left inside.
After cleaning the floors using a steam mop, the mop is full of nasty dirt. Now your home is certainly clean.
Even if you use a steam mop eco-friendly variety, throwing the pads away is not possible.
It means you must know to clean steam mop pads and remove stains.
Washing of steam mop pads
- Washing the steam mop pads must be done with care. Do not use softeners or bleach on the steam mop pads. It is because the bleach weakens the fabrics, and it wears out faster. Besides, the fabric softeners leave on the microfiber pads a residue, which hinders the ability to pick up the smallest dust and dirt particles.
- Using softeners heavily is a strict ‘No.’ It will leave on your steam mop pads the excess softeners, and you can see it on your floors. It will give a dull look to your floor.
- The exact method of washing the steam mop pads is in keeping them immersed in balmy water; add washing detergent such that it is very little and baking soda. It is enough to clean them deeply.
A walk-away stride to cleaning steam mop pads
- Mix water by adding a little laundry detergent. The quantity of the washing detergent should be between a few tablespoons to a ¼ cup, depending on your bucket size, and add baking soda to a tablespoon. Leave it soaking for 15 minutes at least.
- The next step is to rinse methodically the steam mop pads. Run them with tepid water, such that you keep it submerged for some time by cleaning the steam mop pads in rinsing water, or sponge down to rinse in the washer; it will get rid of the detergent.
- Fortunately, if the mop pad is not very dirty, put it in a washing machine. Keep it in a delicate or hand-wash cycle. It is helpful as the detergent amount is minimal, and the steam mop pads’ life is prolonged. Giving one or two extra rinse cycles removes soap up to the last bit. Remember, never use fabric softener.
Storing and drying the mop pads is equally important. You can hang-dry the steam mop pads.
Suppose you do not have a proper place to lay them flat or line-dry, use a dryer, and tumble on low heat.
Inspect the pads after they are dry to ensure they are perfect for the next use.
Store the steam mop pads in a dry clean place so that there is no residual moisture.
A damp area may develop mildew growth on the mop pads.
Why clean Clean Bissell steam mop pads?
- Wash the steam mop pads after each use. It prevents the buildup of bacterial and contaminants growth. Using a dirty mop pad means the dirt is pushed around than picking it up.
- Mop pads of cotton or microfiber are reusable. You can give a hand wash or a machine wash. Giving hands wash is possible using a mild liquid detergent or baking soda. Ensure the mop is in the water for 20 minutes and rinse using fresh water.
- Do not use fabric softeners; they may damage materials. Even if you use a dryer on a low setting to dry mops, the best is to air dry them. It prevents moisture during storage and also keeps unwanted odors.
Some steam mops feature a detachable water tank.
If so, the cleaning process becomes a lot easier. You can take a cloth and clean the tank.
Clean the water tank using vinegar, diluting it with water. Also, clean the nozzles periodically using the nozzle cleaner.
Always unplug before cleaning the steam mop pad, and begin with water tank cleaning.
Scrubbing and emptying it does not take long as you do it every time as a habit.